Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Beatles

I enjoy the band The Beatles. This band is one of my favourites because I like the way they lay out their songs, lyrics, and the way they act on stage. The song that I enjoy the most is Strawberry Fields Forever, I like the way that they made the music sound really calm and soothing, and then the lyrics are just wacky when you think about them. 'let me take you down, cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields. Nothing is real. And nothing to get hung about.' that specific part of the song drew me in for some reason, I found the song mystifying, and I wanted to hear more. The boys in the band have this certain look to them, meaning, well, they all kind of look the same, but they don't at the same time, y'know?
They all have bowl cut-like hair styles, but have different facial structures, naturally. They have this sort of laid back, life is good feel to their music and how they act on stage. They sing their songs with this dreamy mood to them that makes people feel happy.
A lot of their songs have to do with love, and don't get me wrong, they do a fantastic job of it, but I think a lot of their fans would like to see a little bit of a mix in their songs, not just love songs. Which made me happy when I saw that they started making songs that just made you feel happy, they weren't love songs exactly, but songs that didn't make sense at all, and made sense at the same time. 'I am the walrus' is a song of which doesn;t really make sense when you listen to it. Then you watch the video, and then it really doesn't make sense. It feels like you're on some sort of acid trip, which is pretty cool, and some people enjoy it, evidently. I think this band has amazing talent in singing and songwriting, and I will always listen to their songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment