Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Big Lebowski

The Big Lebowski is a good movie, in my opinion, and the actors in it certainly portrayed their characters very well. I would definetely not say that The Dude is a heroic figure because I really don't see him doing anything heroic. The Dude interacts with the world around him in a way that most people just don't. He acts like everything is a joy ride, and he is just really relaxed about everything. I've observed his behaviour, and it seems as though when faced with a hard decision or he is losing an argument, he just puts his sunglasses on.
The language that is used in this film in offensive, no doubt, but I think that it may be a tad offensive to some viewers. This may be the characters' normal every day dialogue, but it may offend a lot of people without intending to. They use the 'f' shot every ten seconds, if not less.
The rating for this movie is AA14, yes I do believe that this rating is appropriate because it does contain a lot of offensive language; Walter says a lot of things that really offend some people, such as making fun of Nazis. I'm just sayin'. There is a lot of cursing in the movie as well, as I've stated before, the 'f' shot is used every ten seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment